Thursday, January 14, 2010

Warm bowl of soup on a cold winter day

I have been following one particular blog for a while - Closet Cooking (see Blogs I Read on the left).

Yesterday, totally by chance, I wondered onto this one recipe that intrigued me: the Spinach, White Bean and Turkey Sausage Soup. I thought, hmm - spinach, bean & turkey sounds like one healthy combination! And in line with a promise I made to myself on New Years (I refuse to call in "resolution!) - being a little selfish in eating only those foods that I get something out of. In addition, given that I live in Canada, having a hot bowl of soup ona cold winter day is just what the doctor ordered :)

Needless to say that this recipe was easy to follow, only took about 25-30 minutes (and that includes preparation!), and it tastes delicious. I even took a photo of my soup - it looks just like the presentation. I'm proud of this little achievement and plan on expanding my cooking horizons further. With every successful recipe, a little confidence is gained :)

And what have you done lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment